Sex-Positive Sex therapy
Sex therapy is still therapy - we are still processing anxiety, trauma, depression, childhoods, relationships, and positive change. The main distinction is that we're focusing on sexual matters, such as sexual dysfunction, sexual trauma, infidelity, affairs, compulsive and 'addictive' sexual behavior, porn, exploration of kink, non-monogamous relationships, sexual identity, and a host of other things.
I say that I'm sex-positive because it's important to me that nobody feel judged about any aspect of their sexuality or fantasy life. This is crucial when working with someone to develop self-empowerment, self-compassion and self-awareness as they all relate to sexuality. All of these issues can be enhanced whether someone is in a relationship or not, and my clients span various stages of relationship, as well as various gender identities and sexual orientations.
Why Sex Therapy?
- Erectile dysfunction
- Sexual/pelvic pain (both male and female)
- Premature, delayed ejaculation, rapid ejaculation
- Anxiety about sex and sexual performance
- Unwanted compulsive sexual behavior and/or "addiction" to sex/pornography
- Loss of interest in sex
- Couples therapy involving sexual issues
- Sexual trauma